Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Humidifier


Since the cold weather here in Brooklyn, the temperature in the cave dropped down to 40 degrees Fahrenheit. I already had a little heater in the cave, but it wasn't adequate. I installed another little heater. This raised the temperature to the desired level but, although I have a tray with water sitting on the heaters, the humidity was negatively affected. The dry weather outside and the heat inside made the humidity drop to 70 %. To compensate I had to install something like a humidifier.
I don't know anything about humidifiers, but I guess, there is not much to know. All they have to do is put moisture into the air. I found a simple vaporizer humidifier the first store I went in.
Seeing it produce all that steam while testing it, I didn't want to put the unit directly into the cave being afraid of creating a sauna in there. So I hooked up a hose to the humidifier and lead this into the cave. This way the steam will have cooled before entering the cave. The humidifier runs on a timer, set at about half an hour on every two hours. We'll see how it goes. No doubt, some cheeses will like it better than others.



2 comments:

Jack said...

I just wanted to let you know that I have your site on my desktop and enjoy it very much, I usually check it once a week for new posts. I to have been making cheese and learning how complex it can be, I did go to VIAC and that was a help. Keep up the great work and like the photos!!

HealthTips said...

See also more and compare for best prices deals for Humidifiers Deals here!