Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Cheese in the Dryer


I have temporary reverted to the dryer as a cave again. Since I made these two wheels, I haven't had a change to bring these upstate. I don't want to put them in a refrigerator, afraid they will dry out. Having nothing else vermin free around and no time to built something, this was the easiest solution. At 70F too warm perhaps for a extended amount of time. But with a humidity of 90%, they'll just age a little faster for the two weeks they will have to spend in here before I have time to move them upstate.




1 comment:

Stephanie said...

That's hilarious! Home cheesemaking definitely sparks creativity. I've been using the cold oven to do my cheese draining and part of the ripening process.
http://justinsomnia.org/2009/01/be-careful-if-you-get-into-cheesemaking-part-2/

What do you use to measure humidity levels? That's something I don't know how to do yet.

Thanks for the posts, I'm very much enjoying them :)